The AV-140 is a hand-held, gas plug operating, semi-automatic, revolving action, 40mm Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher (MSGL).
The AV-140 has been tested to the rigorous MIL-SPEC/MIL-STD and STANAG requirements. These tests included drop testing, salt fog spray, and safety assessments.
The AAMI Weapons AV-140 Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher is the highest quality, safest, and most high performing 40mm MSGL on the market domestically and internationally.
- Fires all DODIC and NATO standard 40 X 46, 40mm Low Velocity lethal and less than lethal grenades, as well as the newly developed 40 X 51, Medium Velocity grenades. Note: not compatible with the 40 X 53 High Velocity grenades.
- All six (6) grenades can be fired in 3 seconds or less
- Can be loaded with a variety of 40mm munitions, allowing the operator to select the desired round without having to change the weapon load
- Effective coverage of a minimum 20 x 60 meter area with Low Velocity and nearly double with Medium Velocity rounds
- Accuracy to pin-point targets up to 125 meters for Low Velocity, 250 meters for Medium Velocity
- Maximum range: 400 meters with Low Velocity and 800 meters with Medium Velocity
- Included reflex sight compensates for natural drift of the 40mm grenade
AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLORS:
- MATTE TAN:
- MATTE GREEN:
- MATTE JET BLACK:
- Weapon features NP3™ coating which is a Teflon-impregnated nickel coating that keeps the steel products from rusting in salt fog spray test for up to 1200+ hours
- The MGL-AV140 sighting base has been adapted to accommodate the VORTEX VENOM sight.
- Stainless steel receiver with Picatinny sight rail
- Unique Keymod rail forend which accepts all MIL-STD-1913 rail accessories
- Angle adjustable, Collapsible stock with a built in recoil pad
- Safeties: Ambidextrous safety selector, firing pin block, Cylinder alignment pin. Cylinder will not advance unless round is fired.
- Supplied with the following accessories: Operators Manual (English), Cleaning Kit, Cordura Weapon Sling, Cordura Transport Bag with Sling, AV-MRDS Sight
- OTIS™ cleaning kit also available for purchase (link to cleaning kit page)
|Country of manufacturing||USA|
|Length (stock collapsed)||648 mm/25.5 inches|
|Length (stock extended)||739 mm/ 29.1 inches|
|Weight (empty without sight, unloaded)||13.8 lbs (6.26 kg)|
|Weight loaded with 6 grenades||Will depend on type of ammunition used.|
|Height with MDRS sight fitted||260 mm/ 10.2 Inches|
|Length of barrel||(8 inch) 203 mm or optional (12 inch) 304 mm|
|Calibre||40 x 46 mm (Low Velocity = LV), 40 x 51 mm (Medium Velocity= MV)|
|Effective range||375 m (LV grenades), 800 m (MV grenades)|
|Cylinder length||140 mm|
|Advance mechanism||Gas operated|
|Rifling||Progressive gain twist|
|Magazine type||Rotating cylinder|
|Cylinder capacity||6 Rounds of less than 142 mm|
|Mode of fire||Semi- automatic and manual cycling - percussion|
|Method of operation||Hand-held, revolving action, gas plug operating index mechanism, double action trigger|
|Safeties||Ambidextrous safety selector, Cylinder alignment pin, Cylinder will not advance unless a round is fired|
|*Note: All weights and dimensions are nominal and may vary.|